Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A First Year Looking for Some Veteran Advice...

Ok bloggers, I work at a small, independent school. I have a student who I would very much like to retain. This decision, I am told, is usually made through a discuss between the classroom teacher and the headmaster. I am wondering what type of assessments would you recommend I have on hand to show my headmaster or to show the parents? I am currently using Mrs. Russell's Room's Differentiated Fluency Packet with all of my kids as an in class assessment on fluency and comprehension. He works one on one with another teacher who evaluates him using Fountas and Pinnell. Also, this week we are beginning weekly reading tests on a story the kids read every night at home and we discuss in class.

Also, any advice for discussing this with the parents?

No comments:

Post a Comment