Thursday, December 26, 2013

It's Another Linky Party! Thirteen in '13!

Hey Hey bloggers. So, I'm looking forward to the New Year and remembering everything great about 2013 along with Kristin, Traci, and Hadar for their Thirteen in '13 linky party! So here we go!

I bought a striped maxi skirt from TJ Maxx this year and fell in L-O-V-E! I love me some maxi skirts!


 
I loved the new Superman movie, Man of Steel. Can I also add that Henry Cavill is gorgeous?  I would date that man in a heartbeat. As my former roomie's cousin would say "That is one fine piece of man." So, Henry make your way down to South Carolina sometime soon?


Ok so I said that I loved Man of Steel. Take that amount of love and multiply it by 10. Now you will understand my love for TV. I cannot get enough of it! So many different shows and something to love about all of them. I get hooked on so many of them for so many different reasons. I love to catch reruns of Law and Order: SVU and any other crime show I can catch on tv. On my Hulu Plus right now I am binge watching these:


Mindy Lahiri is a woman after my own heart and I love her sense of humor!


Dawson and Casey????? Can I get an "Amen!" Also, it never hurts to get hooked on a show with gorgeous men in uniforms! 


Just when you think things are slowing down, they throw a new twist in there! I am dying to find out what happens next with Olivia's mom!


My fave restaurant this year has been a local Mexican restaurant called Nueva Villa. At lunch I always get the Pollo Ranchero. Chicken breasts with salsa, and melted cheese served on top of rice. Yum!!

My new thing I have tried would have to be creating my own TpT projects. After falling in L-O-V-E with Teachers Pay Teachers during student teaching and finding so many cool activities to do with my own classroom, I decided to create a few projects myself. Check out my store HERE or with the link in the sidebar!

I think I may have several favorite gifts!

1. My super sweet kids from student teaching brought me lots of teacher resources and gave them to me on my last day. So presh! 

2. My own kiddos gave me some pretty awesome Christmas gifts including a sweet blanket with my name embroidered on it, a Target gift card, and lots of baked goodies! Yum!

3. My last favorite gift will be a gift from myself to myself. 


Cue the music! My laptop I am currently surviving on is about die on me pretty much any second. I don't save anything on it anymore because I know one day it will just crash in the middle of something. So after saving for a year or so with Christmas money and graduation money, I am heading to the Apple Store this week to pick one of these babies up! 

Wow, too many to choose from. Just, way too many.

Probably my recent linky party post with Second Grade Shenanigans about my Christmas list. It has been so long since I sat down and actually made a list. Usually I just think I don't want anything and I feel bad for everyone buying for me. Which, I said the same thing this year before I did the linky party. Writing them all down helped me see which ones I want to save for in 2014!

Also, I started hooking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for their weekly Five For Friday linky parties. I never thought I could venture into the world of linky parties but here I am!



That's me! Second from the right. That's right, I'm a college graduate. Got that diploma now. I'm officially an alumnus of Presbyterian College '13. Go Blue Hose!


This is a picture of me and some of my good friends from College. We all met freshman year and continued to be involved in the same campus ministry throughout the rest of college. Then Senior Year 4 of us all lived together! These girls are the best.


Hmm... I think there are just too many to choose from. I have too many great memories from this year.

Pay off my student loan! I am aggressively paying towards my student loan and I am trying to get this puppy gone and out of my hair! Luckily my awesome mom started paying on it while I was in college, you go mom! 

Also, to pray about how I spend and budget my money. I really want to ensure that I am glorifying the Lord with my money including tithing, giving, and budgeting well.

Growth

I pray that I will see growth in several areas of my life this year. Growth in my relationship with the Lord, growth in relationships with coworkers and new friends, growth in my family relationships, and growth as a teacher and growth in my practices. I pray that the Lord would humble me through a lot of growth.

So that's it! Make sure to check out everyone else's Thirteen in '13!

 








No comments:

Post a Comment