Thursday, October 13, 2011

Bailey Bookworms!

I am so excited to be setting up a library for a local preschool! As an Early Childhood Education major I am working with a classroom of 4 year olds this semester at a local preschool! And I am really excited to be able to emphasize the importance of literacy with these 4 year olds by giving them a library in which they can experience books! Many people do not realize that literacy beings in infancy: reading out loud to children, letting them experience books, talking about what the book is about, talking about the pictures, etc. It is essential to do this with children to create the foundation and building blocks for reading and comprehension. I am so excited to be providing such a huge resource to these kids! Below is a picture of my work in progress!


No comments:

Post a Comment