Friday, March 25, 2011

"A Woman Who Fears the Lord,"

the Journey

"Charm is deceitful and beauty is fleeting, 
but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised." 
Proverbs 31:30

For the few of you who may read my blog, I did not want to keep this my dirty little secret any longer. Katie at the Journey is a laborer, a mother, a follower of Christ, a lover of God and all of this creations, a prayer warrior, a woman who is running hard after the Lord and fears Him daily. I would love to say that I know her personally but I actually have never even made contact with her. Katie writes all of her blog posts from a place that just pours her heart out on the page, she shares her life, her struggles, her tears, her joys, her praises, when she is fearing the Lord as He has called her to do and when God allows her to see her sinful heart. Her blog is so many things all wrapped into one package for me but I'd be lying if I didn't say that convicting was at the top of my list. Although she shares probably a mere fraction of who she is completely on her blog, her heartfelt and compassionate words are always challenging me to run harder and be more of the woman God created me to be. 
Katie has truly embraced the great commission and God's call to the full extent. She is currently living in Uganda and pouring out the new heart God has given her full of His love onto 14 girls who call her Mommy. She writes of the joy this gives her, the compassion she cannot help but to have for these girls, and of course the frustrations that sometimes come with attempting to calm our sinful hearts and be patient in God's plan and God's will, even when we're not quite sure exactly what that is. So check her out, leave her some love, a donation if you want and experience the life of a woman who is deeply loved by her Savior and in turn she worships Him in fear and in loving devotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment