Thursday, April 22, 2010

Summertime's Calling Me

So with only one week left of my freshman year (i cannot believe it's over!) summer time is calling my name! Relaxing by the pool, watching a lot of tv, sleeping in, and many many movie nights with my friends is usually how I spend my summer's and although right now that sounds like paradise, especially now that I am facing 5 tough exams next week, this summer I'll be doing a little bit of that and a lot more of something else. For the months of June and July I'll be living at the beach. Legit, right? Now getting a job at the beach for the summer, living with friends, and ultimately have lots of fun everyday sounds like the ideal summer right? Sounds like it to me! So that is what my summer plans are, but on top of all that, I'll be getting discipleship and evangelism training. So not only will I spend my summer at Myrtle Beach, getting to know some great people, but I'll also be learning how to and growing in my relationship with the Lord alongside them. And we'll be learning how to and practicing how to share our faith, God's great commission for us as Christians!

"16Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them ina]" style=" line-height: 0.5em; ">[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:16-20


a video from The Leadership Project 2007!

Be praying for me and everyone else this summer but especially that God would open the hearts of the people in Myrtle Beach to hear His Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment