Monday, February 22, 2010

Deleted My Blog!

I am so sorry! I definitely did not mean to delete my blog. All of my hard work and thoughts - gone! But thinking about it now, it is amazing how much we depend on technology these days! I mean think about it! I was so devastated because I had worked so hard on making my blog pretty and my posts and being able to share with all of the blogger world what I had been learning in the Lord and just random experiences. And all of that is great but when I found out I had deleted my blog I felt like every record of my thoughts was gone! And it is so funny because it reminds me that we haven't even had computers for very long and they have only just become common in households and yet we are completely dependent upon them already. We depend on them to hold our schedule for the week, to communicate with people through e-mail, to obtain information about if I am somehow able to resign into my account and get my old blog back, and everything else! Today alone I have wasted my time spending over an hour on the computer. What have I been doing? Not studying for my tests that I have tomorrow and not spending time with the Lord like I haven't done yet today.

But it is not just computers. It is technology in general. Today I had lunch with my friend Lauren and all of a sudden I received a text message from my friend Lindsay. Last night I was trying to get in touch with Lindsay and I sent her two text messages and I tried to call her. Her text today said she had lost her phone for a couple of hours so she didn't know I was trying to get in touch with her. I told Lauren about it and we then talked about how if we did not have a phone we would be unable to function because we couldn't communicate with anyone. Really? cell phones have really only become popular and considered a necessity within the last 10 years. I remember when I was little and my family was moving, my parents used walkie talkies to talk to each other since they were driving separate cars. Now they just use cell phones. Don't get me wrong they are very convenient and quite handy but it is amazing how dependent we have become on so much technology. These days we depend on technology to run our companies, to tell us what is wrong with us when we are sick, to make our everyday necessities, to be able to get from one place to another, etc. It is just so crazy. And yet often I become so consumed with it that I forget to enjoy the simpler things in life, the things we used to be content with. I forget to appreciate the sunny days and instead I just stay in my dorm room, I forget to appreciate the rain that allows the plants to grow which allow me to breath and instead I complain because it is a little muddy walking to class, I forget to spend time with the Lord because sometimes I would just rather be checking my Facebook.

This is so crazy! I think now I am going to make a late New Years Resolution/Lent pledge not to spend so much time on my computer and spend more time with the Lord and enjoying the things he created!

No comments:

Post a Comment