Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Camp Update

Hey bloggers/friends!
Some of you may know that my friend Linda and I have been praying a lot of things for camp this summer. I have been praying that as a staff team we would recognize our need for community and create an environment between the staff this summer of pushing each other to know more of Christ as that should be the most important thing to each of us in our relationships with each other. I am praying that we would reflect Acts 2:42-48 which says:
"And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. And awe came upon every soul, and... many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles. And all who believed were together and had all things in common. And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds toall, as any had need. And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, praising God and having favor with  all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved." 
Also, the numbers for hired staff and registered campers have been down over the last several years. Last year we had 27 staff and about 1300 campers. A full camp would be 38 staff and about 2400 campers. So Linda and I, knowing that God is sovereign and he can do big things, prayed that God would provide 30 staff this summer and 1500 campers. This prayer has reminded me so much about God's faithfulness because I think that God is only faithful when he says yes to my prayers. But God is always faithful, no matter what, and his faithfulness does not change because of me, my unfaithfulness, or if he says no to a prayer. God has been so gracious to provide us with 31 staff and over 1000 campers registered for this summer! This is so awesome and reminds me so much that no matter what God is worthy to be praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment